Monday, April 21, 2008

Here to Hold Your Hand


Sorry that I haven't posted for a while. I believe I was going through a panic/reality attack (??) during the past month as the "countdown" is on for my son's deployment.

I believe that my last trip to the base, had made me realize "the date"is nearing and I found I was turning inward and tuning everything else out. I then realized that I'm not the only person going through this and this had been the purpose of my blog - helping others who are preparing and waiting. So get ready, as I'm going to try and catch everyone up in the next week.

Note to my son: I miss you very much and hope you're keeping well. I loved the last letter you sent. Keep studying. You're amazing. Love always, Mom ox

4 comments:

Unknown said...

I will say a prayer for you Son, God Bless you all,

RG

Anonymous said...

Thank you for sharing your thoughts your fears and dreams. - God Bless you all.

Anonymous said...

Thank you for your support when my son was leaving,and I am here for you too,,God BLess and PLEASE let them all be safe,,,a mom ( june )

Paul said...

Hey Soldier's Mom!

Here's wishing you the best and lots of courage. My own son is stationed in Edmonton, but won't be going over until 09. I'll be one of the waiting parents then; but I know he's doing exactly what he wants to be doing so we support him all the way. I'm always amazed at how determined and dedicated are soldiers are.

Here's a vid you may enjoy ... it's somewhat sad, but I think it conveys a strong message as to what these young people are about.

Cheers!

http://cnheroes.blogspot.com/2008/04/canadian-heroes-tribute.html